Monday 27 November 2017

It's nearly that time

For the last two years, I've blogged a musical advent calendar of festive tunes that you don't hear on the radio. I'd like to do the same again this year, but I've blown 48 ideas in the last two years, so need your suggestions please, in the comments below.

To give you an idea of the sort of songs I might post, here's 2015's calendar, and 2016's.

I await, with interest.

P.S. And while you're at it, I'm still (always) on the lookout for your fantasy cover version suggestions...

8 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed! I don't even mind that the chocolates appear to have been eaten already.
    Anyway I have one that I think you might like, I loved it at the time (1987) and it does seem to have been long forgotten by radio DJs, as far as I know. It's this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SsvqDUTZqc

    More to follow, as I have a few in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be too impressed, it's just a bit of JavaScript and a lot of YouTube embeds :)

      Your first suggestion has made the cut, and will be on day 3.

      Delete
  2. I echo C's impressed sentiment, that's really good, like too cool for yule!
    That'll be Christmas - Thea Gilmore
    Mele Kalikimaka - KT Tunstall
    Sweet Bells - Kate Rusby
    Hail Chime on - Kate Rusby
    All I Want For Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit - Half Man Half Biscuit
    And anything from Jethro Tull's 2003 Christmas Album

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm definitely having one of them. But which one? Find out on day 11.

      Delete
  3. Wild Billy Childish Christmas 1979.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be very remiss of me not to mention Merry Crassmas by Crass!

    ReplyDelete